GENERAL SAFETY GUIDE & INFO
- Wear a face covering on for entry & exit, queuing, moving between spaces, visiting toilets & ordering at the bar
- Use hand sanitisers located around the venue
- Sign into and out of Test & Protect on entry and exit from the show
- Continue to create distance from other people where possible
- Do not attend if you are symptomatic - persons displaying possible symptoms will be refused entry/removed
- We are monitoring CO2 levels and ensuring maximum ventilation
- Respect other gig goers & our staff
Traditional pre-Christmas hometown gig by award winning Scottish singer songwriter Dean Owens (and some special guests). Expect a cracker!
Dean Owens is one of UK’s finest troubadours, with fans including authors Irvine Welsh and Ian Rankin, and BBC legend "Whispering" Bob Harris.
Hard to pin down to a particular genre, his music is a unique blend of Scottish roots and Americana – the unfettered enthusiasm of a rock n roller coupled with the sympathetic delivery of folk’s best storytellers. His songs encapsulate a masterful economy of songwriting, delivering compelling tales with a searingly soulful voice that is warm, subtle and powerful.
His special guests include the formidable talents of guitar maestro Jim Maving (Case Hardin, Don Gallardo) on electric, delta slide and mandolin, and the awesome Amy Geddes (Whisky Hearts/Redwood Mountain) on fiddle and backing vocals. Three outstanding live performers, their gigs are marked by a joyous onstage chemistry, and exuberant standing ovations.
Dean’s music has taken him all over the world, particularly throughout the USA, where he has made most of his 8 solo albums, including the upcoming Sinner’s Shrine, recorded with “desert noir” legends Calexico.
"the pulse of all our lives…" Irvine Welsh
UK Song of the Year Award 2019 - UK Americana Music Association
"magical… one of the happiest and most life affirming shows of the year… " Americana UK
"Dean Owens is right up there with Scotland’s finest artists…" Your Life in a Song
"one of the most interesting and innovative artists in Americana…" Lonesome Highway
"music that is varied, vibrant and thoroughly fascinating…" American Songwriter
"visionary and rewarding; don’t hesitate in exploring…" Folk Radio UK
"one of my great favourites" - "Whispering" Bob Harris
Advance tickets £15 stbf. Buy online here. Over 18 only.