RE-OPENING: We are currently closed but will re-open when we are able to resume operations. We are taking future bookings with a reduced menu and capacity to ensure customer and staff safety in accordance with government guidelines. This and many other pages on our site are for when lockdown restrictions are lifted. We are still taking booking for events several months away, so these pages are in place as a guide for future bookings. Visit this page to submit booking enquiries and safety policies. At the this time the only food menu available will be the Autumn 2020 Menu.
This menu is available in the bar & restaurant from Noon 'til around 5pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please also see our evening menu.Tables can be booked in the restaurant area, please call 0131 556 7060. We are happy to cater for large groups and custom menus can be created as per your requirements. We offer a fixed price set menu. Over 18 only.
The menu may not be vast, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality.
Please ask your server for daily specials.
This stylish and relaxed restaurant combines well-prepared food with warm staff and a good buzz in a beautiful Victorian building.
- Scrambled eggs, with roast chorizo, red onion on toasted brioche bun - £7.25
- Seaweed cured Loch Duart salmon, cucumber chutney & horseradish yoghurt (gf) - £7.25
- Smoked duck, celeriac, walnut & blue cheese salad (gf) - £7.25
- Fried goats cheese with pear, crispy prosciutto, balsamic reduction & dressed leaves - £6.25
- Thai hot & sour soup, with king prawns, pak-choi & shiitake mushrooms (gf) - £7.25
- Zucchini fritters, with feta & sweet chilli sauce (v) - £6
- Soup of the day, with ciabatta - £6.25
- Avocado, beetroot & citrus salad, with pistachios & citrus vinaigrette (vg/gf) - £6.25
- Cod fillet, salsa verde, new potatoes, asparagus, heritage tomatoes & olives - £14.75
- Cauliflower risotto, with chocolate jelly & flaked almonds (n/v/gf) - £11.5
- Gourmet beef burger, sesame seed bun, monterey jack cheese, shoestring fries & coleslaw - £11.5
- Fennel & mushroom crusted pork fillet, celeriac fondants & caramelised walnuts (n) - £16.75
- Lemon, garlic & herb chicken, coconut rice, mango & chilli salsa (gf) - £14.75
- Sweet potato, coconut & chilli vegan curry, with Indian flatbread (vg/n) - £13
- Ciabatta & marinated olives, balsamic oil (vg) - £4.25
- Crab claw meat on wholemeal bread, with lemon & garlic mayonnaise salad & fries - £9.5
- Rump steak sandwich, with onion jam, blue cheese dressing on brioche bun salad & fries - £9.5
- Goats cheese, sun-blush & fried egg ciabatta, salad & fries - £9.5
- Squid salad with rocket, grapefruit compote, pickled fennel, olives & citrus dressing (gf) - £10.5
- Stilton with pine nut & cherry tomato, with balsamic (n/gf/v) - £8.5
- Roasted chorizo, potato, red onion & sun-blush tomato with garlic aioli (gf) - £10.5
Side Orders & Bar Snacks
- Ciabatta with hummus, balsamic oil (vg) - £4.25
- Skinny fries, with smoked garlic aioli (v/gf) - £4.25
- Potato wedges, with fresh parmesan (gf) - £4
- Mixed leaf salad, house dressing (vg) - £4.25
- Coleslaw, with walnuts (n/v/gf) - £3.25
- Steamed veg, crushed pistachios (n/vg/gf) - £4.25
- Lemon thyme set cream, poached peach & passion fruit sorbet (v) - £7.5
- Dark chocolate Kahlua ganache, caramelised walnuts, macerated strawberry, popping candy (gf/v/n) - £7.5
- Cheeseboard, brie, blue stilton & extra mature cheddar with smoked chilli jam, grapes & oatcakes - £7.5
- Vanilla ice cream, crushed pistachios, blood orange syrup (n/v) - £4.25
- Torres Moscatel 500ml btl - £17.95
- Triana Pedro Ximénez 50ml - £3.95
v = vegetarian, vg = vegan, gf = gluten free
n = contains nuts
Tables of 5 or more will be subject to a 10% service charge.
Please inform your server of any dietary requirements when ordering.
All dishes are made in a kitchen environment that works with nuts.
All of our dishes are cooked to order, so there may be a delay during busy periods.